[KgZ] Jurs OP 4 [KgZ] Jurs OP 4

Bravo

It all matches, it is successful in portraying particular 'feel' within the music. Goodness, I feel like I'm in an elevator, almost. One mark off because the bass is somewhat soft for hip-hop, but then again, it's finew the way it is.

Never, Maybe, Forever Never, Maybe, Forever

Not Ska, but good regardless

Of course, I would say that about a lot of songs in this category, so it's a hollow fact. It's closer aligned with garage/indie rock and ska-punk, especially based on the drumming style and lack of piano/keyboards.

I must confess, I am a bit of a music nut.

HyruleanHyroe responds:

I'll agree, at this point in time (early 2006) we can honestly only very loosely be referred to as Ska. However, you're not allowed to judge based on our drum beats, because Jake is crazy and does whatever the heck he wants on the drums, regardless of what we're playing. :P

Hahaha, thanks for the review, mate!

Piano beat. {D.J. Ace} Piano beat. {D.J. Ace}

Hmmm...

The breakbeat in the drums and style suggests this is not olskool, but it's goo nonetheless. The repetitive-ness of the drums could have been reduced by a few small changes in the patterns, or even silence. Silence is a powerful tool in music.

Ace75 responds:

Thanks for your input!! :D

Thracian-Jazz Thracian-Jazz

Now that's mo' like it!

This is what this category needs more of; live, recorded and Original Jazz!

Kudos for using one of my favourite key signatures, too. I can hear touches of Brubeck in the mix.It has the right feel in my opinion.

The Balkan influence works for Greece, since they're kinda part of it and share a lot of historical & cultural ties with both them and Turkey.

I might try my hand at composing something in Jazz now. It won't be nearly as crisp, but we'll see.:)

sorohanro responds:

Hehe... thanx.
You know, it was on the Audio Forum also a D'n'B competition in unusual time signatures, so you might find some more music in your favorite one ;)

Also, feel free to drop me a line when your jazz track is ready.