Sheriff McGyro Sheriff McGyro

You could say that she...

Has a very flat character.

Sexual-Lobster responds:

you could also say she was flat as a board

(disclaimer: i didn't come up with that)

FAUX: Chapter 4 FAUX: Chapter 4

Climatic

Not sure how intelligent that was. When the girl you're protecting takes a blade to the chest, the biggest priority is preventing blood loss - something that's incredibly difficult to do with that type of injury. She took the blade on the left side, possibly causing organ damage, but vitally missing the heart. Despite this, there are still plenty of arteries to worry about and given the diameter of the wound, the issue of rapid blood loss would kill her far faster than any organ damage or otherwise.

Brilliant build-up. While the dialogue borders on being dry and predictable at times, the overall story and plot is noteworthy, as is the quality of art - despite limited animation, which I guess was a trade-off. Will look forward to the rest of the series - especially if the voice-acting on the next episode is pulled-off well.

George Washington George Washington

Before there was Kyle Katarn, or Chuck Norris...

George Washington didn't cross the Delaware River. The Delaware tried to cross him and failed, because NO-ONE CROSSES GEORGE WASHINGTON.
When America needed more troops, George Washington drafted the US Constitution.
The Ghost of George Washington haunts all fifty states - at the same time!
George Washington's musket doesn't have a trigger; it fires our of fear of his presidential retribution.
The Devil went down to Georgia - because it was driven out of Hell by George Washington.

Wonders: Milky Ways Wonders: Milky Ways

You appear to have chosen a good voice actor.

I appear to have been impressed by their work. This was calculated based on the proportion of time spent with my retinas firmly focused on this short animation, the configuration of facial muscles indicating mild pleasure and the proportion of time spent pondering how best to respond within this review.

Sadly, the question of how fresh, warm milk can be procured on a space liner a great distance from a planet containing mammals known for their propensity to lactate vigorously... has not been answered. I could posit a few simple explanations, but my programming prohibits me from exchanging information that could potentially result in -ENTRY DELETED-

I like the style and while the overall plot in the pilot seemed a little glossed-over, the comedic writing there as in this short is remarkable. As a sci-fi nut, I'd love a chance to provide input on the storyline, though it seems like you guys have a good idea of what you have in mind. Cheers.

Toonwerks responds:

REVIEW RECEIVED! Thanks! We've got plans for the series, but if the series starts going in a direction you don't like be sure to let us know! We want to stay on a path way the fans enjoy.

Nintendold Nintendold

Welcome to reality folks

Author is right; this is what the aged-care industry can be like - especially palliative care. Old people are in some cases treated like this. Is it right? That's not the point.
The animation does show its age, but the idea was very interesting, for me anyways. I'd love to see someone explore it more.

Purged Purged

As Harbinger would say, "Hope is irrelevant"

I like the character design, it has a sort of pseudo-african element to it. It is interesting how the ideas of entrapment, control, freedom and temptation could be explored through this short. Is the apple analogous to that of the Queen in Snow White? With the said african element, the chains coming down from the 'sky' (rather interestingly-shaped like a giant eye looking down from above) made me think about slavery for a second, too.

It's short, but with a production process like that and the attention to detail, quality reigns supreme over quantity.

Captain Planet Rampage Captain Planet Rampage

Bob Brown is going to cry in his sleep now...

BUUUUT CAPTAIN PLANET! I STILLL WUVVV YOUUUU.

Anyways, as someone who watched the old show and coincidentally, studies this kind of stuff, this is hilarious. Now, what if Captain Planet had frozen them instead of burnt... Snowball Earth anyone?

It even shows that not everything done for the environment's good is free of negative consequences and for that, you get nine gold stars. Don't spend them all at once.

Sexual-Lobster responds:

i didn't actually do any research for this, captain planet may well have snowball powers, but i went with lasers because LASERS ARE COOL.

Cute Explosion Cute Explosion

HARMONY HARMONY OH LOVE

Thatt certainly had me giggling somewhat. I was a bit dissapointed you didn't use the chance to show som montages of slightly more edgier things than Big Ben (I'm thinking Arabs and Israelis dancing and hugging each other) , but the artwork and animation quality was superb. Music was perfectly fitting, if a little repetitive. Congrats.

Don't Miss Her Wedding Don't Miss Her Wedding

Heh, Santosh;

I thought I could recognise the artwork from somewhere, Santosh. ;)
Well-done, not as 'flash ' as a lot of the flash films thrown around, but the storywork and thought-out structuring pay off.
7.5 rounds-up to 8.

jackbliss responds:

Hey thanks for the review. Do I know you from somewhere?

Africa Dudes Africa Dudes

Like a box of chocolates

There is a combination of good and bad shorts; A lot of the jokes are repetitive, but that's probably because of the level of communication and coordination required for a collab. Far too many AIDS jokes were lame, for instance. And there was a lot of material that wasn't used; not a single dollar chopped!